Friday, February 5, 2016

Caffè Venerdì - Friday, February 5, 2016

This Friday's fuel is brought to you by Peet's French Roast. Whoa, baby...I have D-cell eyeballs today!
-----------------------------------
Stories that generated the most response this week on ACN’s Facebook:
Blue Mountain Players' "Cooking With Gus" opening Friday the 12th, a classical music concert hosted by Ron Brickman featuring pianist Anne Rainwater, a spider crawling around in a bag of salad (yeah, didn't need to see that), a video by KCRA showing Folsom's dramatic water level rise, the Sac Bee's article on how to get a CA state job, Gwen Clayton's campaign kick-off fundraiser at Blue Moon Cafe in Pine Grove, the closing of Sacramento Hometown Buffet restaurants. The Calaveras Enterprise's story "Bingo: More Than Just A Game in the Mother Lode" helped boost my post reach for ACRA's Bingo night on Tuesday.

And speaking of games...the Jackson Rotary post for their "Trivia Challenge" got a hefty 860 hits. I never was great at "Trivial Pursuit", but I was always very entertained by my brainiac friends who always took the game way too seriously. That, and Pictionary, which I called the "break up game"...because who knew a couple could argue over a stick figures ("You call that a fish?!"..."Why didn't I marry an artist?"..."We're going home...").
Anyway, find out more about the Trivia Challenge, get your team together, and sign up at www.jacksonrotary.org.

A judge in Pennsylvania feels that pajama pants are not appropriate attire for court...when I posted this on our timeline, one of our readers made a very good point: "Why implement a dress code? It's kind of a moniker really of who is taking their situation seriously, and those that don't care...should make the ruling pretty dang easy..."  Now, I don't believe that Amador County's courthouse would ever have the "fashion police" on standby, but I do know that they have a list in the hallway of appropriate attire to wear in court. It's also posted on the county court web site. Thing I wanna know is, what has been the craziest attire a judge, bailiff or court reporter may have seen in court? These questions and more...

Marijuana legalization...a story about a baby that nearly lost her toe to HT (hair tourniquet) Syndrome...to me, the most heart-breaking story? Cookie, the dog that was exchanged at the shelter for a "newer model" (puppy). The story does have a happy ending, though...Cookie did find a home in permanent foster care.
-----------------------------------
You can't make this stuff up...
I swear, it was this big!


Yeah, I played it over and over. C'mon, you did, too, didn't you?

And if you ordered mozzarella sticks at McDonald's, here's hoping there was actually mozzarella inside of 'em...oh, and here's hoping that it was real mozzarella, too.


I say, forget the mozzarella sticks...head on over to Swingles for their February TRI-TIP SALE! $4.99/lb. Check out their web site at swinglemeat.com, and show 'em the love on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Swingle-Meat-Company-118048698211741.
-----------------------------------
Voters Untie...I mean, unite!
February is a pretty active month for the Primaries, and the debates are on like Donkey Kong. ABC just announced the line up for the GOP's New Hampshire debate tomorrow night.

There are some great (civil) conversations going on in the Amador Political Discussion Group, and Amador Politics, with subject matters ranging from the economy to the Rancheria dropping their Annexation request, to comments about what Chamber membership means and provides for local economy and businesses, and more.

I've learned that Facebook is a double-edged sword, especially during Election years. I've seen (and have done) my share of rantings, ravings and arguing on a wide range of subjects, to the point where one could pretty much come unraveled and unglued by the amount of misinformation and mass yellow journalism going on. It's frustrating! SOoo...I have to step back once in a while, breathe, and regain consciousness. Let's face it; the candidate choices this Election year are as bad as having to choose between a brand name or generic laxative, but hey, I'll always listen to suggestions and recommendations. Doesn't mean I'll choose 'em, but I'll listen!

The Amador County Voters Facebook group has a few posts/discussions going on...mainly, the legalization of Marijuana, Weed vs. Alcohol, etc. No one has been brave enough to give their thoughts/opinions to the question: "What do you think about Amador County's 'Elections' page?"
http://www.co.amador.ca.us/government/elections. Oh well...

In the coming weeks, I will be interviewing and asking Amador County voters what they'll be looking for in candidates, and their opinions on the local, state and national issues. So if you have a questions for any of the local candidates or questions for the local Amador GOP or Dems Committee chairs, let me know, and I'll include it in my list.
-----------------------------------
I don't have an agenda...really, I don't.
This afternoon at 3:20PM, I was included in a mass email from the Amador Water Agency. Rather than try to explain it, I’ll just post it:

Good Day AWA Agenda Recipients,
It has been brought to my attention by a few of the recipients receiving the Amador Water Agency's agenda that you are having difficulty with either opening the attachment or the attachment is missing from the email entirely. I have reached out to our IT support regarding  this matter, and was informed  that these particular issues are not due to our email network, and that if a recipient is having difficulty with email and its contents, it would be best for the recipient to address their email concerns directly with their individual email/internet provider. I apologize for the inconvenience.
The AWA agenda and agenda packet can also be found on our website at www.amadorwater.org<http://www.amadorwater.org> under Quick Links on the home page.

As of 6:59 PM, using the "Quick Links" as instructed in the email...the agenda still has not been posted to the AWA web site.
http://www.amadorwater.org/agenda-minutes.html

A suggestion to AWA: Post the agendas to the web site first, then send it out the agenda via e-mail. Boom! You're covered either way.

NOTE: It is Saturday morning, 7:21 AM. I checked the AWA web site. YAY! Someone got the message! ;)
-----------------------------------
Well, that's another Friday for ya. Will be up tomorrow for a day trip around "The County", and of course, always on Sunday mornings at Trinity Sutter Creek. Oh, btw...they'll be having another drive for their care packages for the needy/homeless, so if you want to donate, let me know!

Have a fantabulous weekend, mark your calendars ACN, 'cuz...

If it's happening in "The County"
it's probably here:




No comments:

Post a Comment